[Zope-DB] Oraclestorage

Ben Avery ben@thesite.org
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:29:10 +0000

hi all,

what's the current state of Oraclestorage, and is anyone using it?

I have a development site soon to be brought into production, the data
is stored largely relationally rather than ZODB objects, and we have a
big fat database server running Oracle 8i, available for use. I'm
currently using filestorage, and haven't had any problems with it, but
I'm a little worried by occasional strangenesses reported in the
'Goblins of Zope' thread currently running on the zope@zope.org mailing
list.

My Zope instance will be running on a dedicated single-processor Sun
LX-50 running Solaris 8, which should be stable enough, but is a lot
slower than the Oracle database server. Would anyone recommend sticking
to filestorage, or going with Oraclestorage?

TIA

Ben