[Zope-DB] Connecting Zope on Solaris to an SQL Server 2000

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon, 07 Jul 2003 12:56:57 +0200

Norman Khine wrote:
> Hello,
> I have my ZOPE server running well on a Solaris server, I now have a
> site which has an SQL Server database server running on a Windows
> 2000 machine.
>
> I can easily connect a Zope server running on the same windows
> machine to the SQL Server BUT am not sure how to configure the
> Soalris box to connect to the SQL Server

You could try mxODBC Zope DA plus a suitable ODBC driver,
e.g. FreeTDS or one of the available commercial ODBC driver sets
for your combinations of platforms.

We are using mxODBC Zope DA + FreeTDS on Solaris and it works just
fine.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Jul 07 2003)
 >> Python/Zope Products & Consulting ...         http://www.egenix.com/
 >> mxODBC, mxDateTime, mxTextTools ...        http://python.egenix.com/
2003-07-01: Released mxODBC.Zope.DA for FreeBSD             1.0.6 beta 1