[Zope-DB] Text in Query Question

Rima Gerhard zopasta@hotmail.com
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:46:39 +0000

> > Say that I have a table called "artshows" which
> > has a column
> > description. In the description, I want to query another table and
>insert
> > something like
> > "The artshow is taking place at <span tal:repeat="in
> > python:root.selectLocation(art_id='23')"><a href="link"
> > tal:attributes="href
> > in/linktowebpage">location</a></span>.
> >
> > Right now, the query inside of the columns doesn't get executed by Zope.
> > Does anyone have any idea how to work around this problem?
>
>Hmm, I suspect the problem is here: art_id='23'. Why not use art_id=23?
>What
>is the type of the column art_id. What is your ZSQL method? Have you tested
>it in the ZMI?

Oh that was simply an example. I was more wondering how it would be possible
to insert a query into something that is in itself the result from a query.
The ZSQL method would be
select description
from artshows

and description is a string field that contains a call to another zsql
method.
any ideas...?
thanks!!!
-rima.