[Zope-DB] HELP: sql.pyd in ZODBCDA-Zope2.6.2b3 w/ Python2.2.3 on Win32 fail ing

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 09:50:10 -0400

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> Samir Mishra wrote:
>
>> Anyway back to my original posting, can anyone help me get ZODBC DA
>> working?
>> We use MS SQL server at work and that's the only way we can access
>> the DB.
>> Or are there alternatives?
>

> You could have a look at the eGenix mxODBC Zope DA (www.egenix.com)
> which is available for Python 2.2 and will also be available for
> Python 2.3 once the release is out.

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND mxODBC vs ZODBCDA.  The source fo ZODBCDA is
available, you can compile and build it yourself, but the code hasn't
been touched in about three years.  I rebuilt it for Python 2.1.3 some
time ago, but I don't have any plans on recompiling it again for a new
Python release.

--
Matt Kromer
Zope Corporation  http://www.zope.com/