[Zope-DB] DMTL and DateTime or... mxDateTime

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt
Thu, 8 May 2003 21:00:22 +0200

On  Thu, 08 May 2003 12:20:56 -0600 GMT (..20:20 where i live(GMT+2) )
David Wilbur asked the Zope-DB mailinglist about the following:

DW> <dtml-var "start_date.year()">

DW> if i cancel the login i get:

DW> Error Type: Unauthorized
DW> Error Value: You are not allowed to access year in this context

DW> and i truly have been disconnected too, since to do anything else at
DW> this point, i have to relog in.

I have seen something like this once. I think i located the problem in
that i recieved mxDateTime objects instead of Zope DateTime objects
from Psycopg.

I have also experienced *really* strange behaviors when applying
DataTime methods to OracleDate objects.

tip of the day: make sure you are using a DateTime object before
treating it like one inside Zope or things can turn really strange..

:)

--
Geir Bækholt