[Zope-DB] ZOracleDA and CLOBs
Tue, 13 May 2003 16:03:20 -0500
I am having trouble getting the data for a CLOB out of Oracle within
Zope. I started with a ZSQL Method which queries my table containing
CLOBs. I'm not sure what type of object I got back for the CLOB column.
When I try to display it I get an error saying "__str__ returned
non-string (type None)" if I call read() on the result it returns None.
So after poking around a bit I found in the ZOracleDA README file that
LOBs will only work if the "Maximum rows to retrieve" is set to 1. After
making that change the result is "<LobLocator object at 0x144adf20>" now
I'm not sure if this is a ZOracleDA LobLocator or a DCOracle2 LobLocator
object. If I try to call the read() method on this object I get an
I did notice that the LobLocator object in ZOracleDA has a lob
attribute, if I try to access lob on my result I get an Attribute Error.
The LobLocator object in ZOracleDA also has the
__allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects__ attribute set. So I think I'm
getting back the wrong LobLocator object.
I will play around when I get a chance to see if the _lobConvert method
is functioning correctly.
ECN Web System Developer
West Lafayette, IN