[Zope-DB] egenix ODBC DA spontaneously closing

Charlie Clark charlie@begeistert.org
Wed, 14 May 2003 10:41:43 +0200

On 2003-05-14 at 07:53:31 [+0200], Bob Wheldon wrote:
> Hi Wade,
>
> I also had problems: can you recommend the best Database Connector to use
> with PostgreSQL with Windows 2000?

I use psycopg and it's generally okay on Windows (there's a binary) but I'm
not happy with it on Linux: I have some weird, transient problems with
DateTime string formatting. I'm going to try and upgrade to a more recent
version and see if that helps if not I will consider moving to mxODBC/iODBC
as it seems "release early, release often" isn't good for DAs and it's
easier for me to go and twist MAL's arm if things don't work than
Federico's!

Charlie