[Zope-DB] ZOraclDA: python.exe crashes if query is repeated

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Wed, 21 May 2003 09:51:16 -0400

Stefan.Radke@salt-ag.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>after sucessfully setting up the
>- ZOracle2DA under a
>- Zope 2.6.1 installation
>- running as a service on a Win2000 machine,
>I was happy to receive the results of my first query.
>
>When reloading the page, which repeats the query, python.exe crashes, with
>an application error reading
>'The instruction at "0x1e15dc30" referenced memory at "0x00000001". The
>meory could not be "read".'
>
>If I cancel the message, the Zope service is restarted !
>This is indicated in the Control Panel by the "Running For" time being just
>a few seconds!
>
>Does this mean that I can run only on query, an then have to restart the
>service (-;
>
>(There was a similar message about a week ago, without much information on a
>possible cause or how to resolve it).
>
>Best regards, Stefan Radke
>
>stefan.radke@salt-ag.com

Unfortunately, I can't diagnose this on just the information provided.
I'm not a heavy Windows user, so I cant tell you whats wrong.  If I was
a Windows developer I could probably tell you how to give me the load
address of the dco2 module so I could translate 0x1e15dc30 to a line
number in the code.

It could be a problem with the data types being returned (DCOracle2 does
not support user defined datatypes).  It could be some other problem.

It feels like some kind of potential library or data mismatch -- but
again, I just don't know -- debugging on Windows is something I find to
be mysterious.

--
Matt Kromer
Zope Corporation  http://www.zope.com/