[Zope-DB] DCOracle2 Woes

Norfleet, Sheppard S. SNorfleet2@northropgrumman.com
Wed, 21 May 2003 08:17:27 -0700

Setup:
      python 2.1.3
      Zope 2.6.1
      DCOracle2 (tried both 1.2 and 1.3b)
      Oracle 9i (9.0.1)
      RedHat 8.0 linux

      After building both versions of DCOracle2 I
      attempt to run install.py which fails with: unresolved symbol:
__cmpdi2 in libclntsh9.so. I think the symbol issue actually traces back
      to libgeneric9.a but not sure if it matters anyway. The binaries
provided for redhat 7.1 also fail in the same way.

      I attempted to get around this by installing oracle 8.1.6 just to make
the install.py work, and it does.

      But when I switch my oracle home back to 9i and attempt to connect to
the 9i database I get a ORA-01821 Date format error of some
      sort, which is extremely wacky.

      I have been searching for weeks to find a solution. If anyone has any
ideas I would be greatly apprecitive.

      thanks

      shep