[Zope-DB] ZSQLMethod commits inside a DTML method

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt
Wed, 28 May 2003 23:45:08 +0200

On  28 May 2003 18:36:58 -0400 GMT (..0:36 where i live(GMT+2) )
"David A. Riggs" asked the Zope-DB mailinglist about the following:

> I'm not able to find documentation which states explicitly,
> so I'm asking here, are these ZSQLMethods committed with each
> call or only at the end of the enclosing DTML method?

 Zope automatically wraps one transaction around everything for each
request. It is committed at the end of the request, when the
response is published.
Transactions in ZSQL-methods are tied to Zope's internal transactions.

A very nice feature, but as you noticed, it helps to be aware of it ;)

You might want to have a look at this one :
http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/1000910877

--
Geir Bækholt