[Zope-DB] Can't get DCOracle2 to work with Python in Zope

John J Shockro John_J_Shockro at raytheon.com
Wed Nov 5 07:31:25 EST 2003

Kent Hoxsey wrote:

>The problem in External Methods is likely a namespace issue. Try something
>like:

>from DCOracle2 import DCOracle2
>dbconn = DCOracle2.connect("....")

>or

>from Products import DCOracle2
>dbconn = DCOracle2.DCOracle2.connect(...)

The second option worked for me. Thanks, Kent.
For my situation, I used

from Extensions import DCOracle2

as I had temporarily copied the DCOracle2 files to that directory
to eliminate any possible path issues.

Chris Withers wrote:

>Do Z Oracle Stored Procedure objects not let you do this?

I looked at that option when I started having trouble, but
I couldn't find any examples of how to apply that functionality.

When you create such an object, the mgt interface shows procedures
that are available through the selected database connection and
you can select one. I'm not sure what is next. Use the object
in a Python script? DTML? How?

John