[Zope-DB] mxODBC connection to SQL Server 2000 freezes Zope

Tim Edwards Tim.Edwards at hwe.com.au
Thu Nov 6 20:05:54 EST 2003

Hi,

We are using mxODBC 1.0.6 to connect to a MS SQL Server 2000 server from
Zope 2.6.1 running on a Red Hat Linux 8 server. The problem is that the
database connection sometimes freezes the Zope instance. When this occurs it
becomes difficult to access the Zope management interface - we keep getting
'Cannot Find Server' messages in the frames, with it only loading a frame
correctly on every 2nd or 3rd refresh. Once we manage to get into the folder
that has the database connection and click the 'Close Connection' button on
the status page Zope returns to normal.

Has anyone experienced problems like this?

The following was pasted from the Status page of the connection:
Connection Options
*	Database Warnings are reported as Python exceptions.
*	Connection uses auto-commit.
*	Time columns are returned as DateTime values.
*	Date/time columns are returned as Zope DateTime values.
*	Short integers are fetched as short integers.
*	Scale 0 floats are converted to integers.
*	The first available result set is fetched in queries.
Connection Pool Pool size: 1
Physical connections: 0 open

Tim Edwards