[Zope-DB] Cataloging DTML with many ZSQLMethods

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Nov 10 14:28:41 EST 2003

serdyserdy at tin.it wrote at 2003-11-10 13:46 +0100:
 > A database and DTML Method-s each one invoking several different Z SQL methods.
 >
 > The problem is how to catalog the results of those (multiple) Z SQL methods
 > called from within each DTML Method.

Why do you want that at all?

As SQL is much more flexible (with respect to search capabilities)
than ZCatalog, you will only need this in very special cases..

 > I tried the solution proposed in "Cataloging SQL Data and Almost Anything
 > Else" by "RBickers". Unfortunatly it seems that it would require a big effort
 > adapting it to my case.

You did not describe your case enough such that we could help you.

Almost surely, you do not want to use the ZCatalog at all
for thing in your SQL backend database...

--
Dieter