[Zope-DB] Re: Zope-DB Digest, Vol 4, Issue 10

Bob Corriher bobc at p-wave.com
Wed Nov 12 13:27:44 EST 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:11:33 -0500 kepena at telesat.com.co wrote:

>Hi
>
>I finally could start zope with mysqldb.. but now It shows this error:
>
>Error Type: OperationalError
>Error Value: (2002, "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
>'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)")
>
>When I try to create a z Mysql Database Connection.
>Do I have to create a file named mysql.sock with a socket number inside?  what
>number?
>It's not a problem of login/password (I think so) because de database is "open"
>for everyone.
>
>I'll appreciatte any help.
>
>Kike
>Telesat, más fácil...más Internet.
>http://www.telesat.com.co/

Hi Kike,

I ran into this also. I found that mysql set up mysql.sock in /tmp. You
can just move this file to /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock or point the DA to
/tmp/mysql.sock (if it is really there) Make sure /tmp is readable by
the user running the Zope process. Another possibility is to use the
port (default 3306) if mysql is configured to accept RCP.IP connections.
The connection string would look like:  dbname at localhost:3306 userid
password.

Bob Corriher
CTO
P-Wave Inc.