[Zope-DB] ZPopyDA temporary problems

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Nov 16 14:28:36 EST 2003

Gál László wrote at 2003-11-16 15:41 +0100:
 >  After restarting postgresql, the ZPopyDA connection sux for a few minutes, once good once not, then it will become right. Why?
 >
 >   An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
 >   PoPy.OperationalError
 >   Sorry, a site error occurred.
 > but if I click once or twice more on the same link, it works
 > Is it a PoPy bug?

It may lack the automatic retrieal on "OperationalError"
implemented by other DA's.

Note, that in general it is a bad thing to automatically retry
an operation after an "OperationalError". It may give you
a partial transaction.

The better solution (than retrying the request) is to close/reopen
the connection and then raise a "ConflictError". Zope will
in this case retries the complete request.

--
Dieter