[Zope-DB] Parent property in SQL Var

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Thu Oct 9 13:48:16 EDT 2003

> I'm afraid that "aq_parent.title" also throws "Missing input variable".
>
> When you say "real expression", I take it you mean I need to construct
> something which grabs the parent's title and refer to that in the
> sqlvar? Could that be something which could live in the root, and be
> inherited? We've now got tho the point where in our zillions of parallel
> sub-folders, the only repeated object is the "index_html" python script
> (which you originally helped us with!), and if at all possible I'd like
> to avoid duplicating anything else!

Check Zope's docs on variables:
http://localhost:8080/Control_Panel/Products/OFSP/Help/dtml-var.stx

<dtml-sqlvar expr="aq_parent.title" type="string">
might be what you're looking for. I don't know as I've never worked with
aq_parent but this is one of the reasons why I stopped trying to work
with DTML as it becomes sickeningly incomprehensibe.

Charlie