Saga continues ([Zope-DB] DCOracle2: close connection doesn't)

Chris Withers chrisw at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Oct 22 16:44:27 EDT 2003

Paul Browning wrote:

> I won't attempt to summarise the technical background because
> I'm not privvy to the complete picture. Just to say that the
> recent threads on zope-db at zope.org very much echo our experiences
> (and in some cases _are_ our experience although relayed by
> a third party - Chris W: feel free to say more!).

Well, there are three broad problem areas that I'm looking to fix:

- leaking of Oracle connections/sockets. This seems to be fixed by emptying the
ZODB cache, which feels a lot like a Zope/ZOracleDA/DCOracle2 bug to me.

- inability to reconnect when the server goes away under certain circumstances.
The ORA-01012: not logged in and ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE errors.
IIRC, Matt K said there was code that should re-connect in circumstances such as
there. It doesn't appear to be currently working...

- Zope hangs due to Oracle servers not responding. Something somewhere should be
timing out and it ain't currently ;-)

Who else is experiencing any or all of these problems?

cheers,

Chris