Saga continues ([Zope-DB] DCOracle2: close connection doesn't)

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk at forbis.lt
Thu Oct 23 06:39:46 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 22 October 2003 23:59, Chris Withers wrote:
> > If this is a general gripe session, I'd bring up the painful problem of
> > not being able to pass a date to a dco2 sp in zope.
>
> A dco2 what?

You're always asking too much. ;-) There is the problem I complain a good year
before: a current implementation of the Stored Procedures for Zope DOES NOT
understand DateTime. They are also can not be overloaded (big pain!!!) and
has a lot IN/OUT caveats. The semi-same problem is with ZSQLMethod: it does
not understand long types. I even posted this to a collector and it is
probably till now in pending status. ;-( And ZSQLMethods does not understand
bindings.

So in general, we use 19'th century technology which STILL fits into modern
needs, but very soon will not if nothing changes...

> > I've had to do some major backflips to
> > get around that one.
>
> What do they look like?

I guess, like to_date() in PL/SQL. ;-)

--
Regards, Bogdan

System going down at 5 this afternoon to install scheduler bug.