[Zope-DB] MySQL/Postgres DA's leak sessions?

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Thu Oct 23 10:31:32 EDT 2003

On 2003-10-23 at 15:19:42 [+0200], Chris Withers wrote:
> > Well, not ZOracleDA, but whole approach. I guess other DB also suffer
> > the same problem. At least I am sure for PostgreSQL.
>
> That would be interesting to know. Has anyone experienced MySQL or
> PostGres database adapters leaking connections in a similar way?

I've not experienced this with PostgreSQL and psycopg but that's probably
because my system isn't stressed. However, I remember discussing Zope DA's
with Marc-André Lemburg while he was working on one for mxODBC, he seemed
somewhat unimpressed by the current architecture particularly regarding the
way connections are handled so the Zope mxODBC DA probably doesn't suffer
these problems. It seems there has not yet been much enthusiasm for doing
the necessary work on on Zope DA's as part of Zope 3, ie. no one has yet
taken up the cause. You're hereby nominated!

Charlie