[Zope-DB] How to access 'file' with SQL server through archetype

Frank Chen hychen at iis.sinica.edu.tw
Mon Sep 15 05:33:31 EDT 2003

Hi there,

I have a question about how to access 'file' with SQL server
through archetype.

In the beginning, I can upload and read file through my content type
in the zope default file system.

Then, after reading Mr. Burton's useful article: HOWTO:Using Archetypes
SQLStorage and Advanced Tips, I decide to change my content type so as
to access a relational database.

I choose MySQL as my testing database.

Eventually, I almost succeeded in transfering this modification, besides
the access problem.

Originally, I can read the file which I save/read in the old content type.
However, I can not read the file any more when I modify the code as :

    FileField('file', storage=MySQLSQLStorage(), widget=FileWidget(),),

The error message is showed in the end of this article.

I can sure that I have added the file property -- LONGBLOB -- in the
SQL Server. And, I also can save file into SQL server. But, I do
really have no idea why I still can not read the file after saving it.

I am a Newbie, please help me with your valuable comments and any
resources in the web.

Thank you very much

Frank

The Error Message:
Our apologies...
The item you requested does not exist on this server or cannot be served.

Please double check the web address or use the search function on this
page to find what you are looking for.

If you know you have the correct web address but are encountering an
error, please send a mail to the administrator of this site.

admin at localhost
Thank you.

404 Not Found