[Zope-DB] RE: Form evaluation in ZSQL-Method

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Thu Sep 18 11:03:40 EDT 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Jim Abramson wrote:

> I admit i haven't tried it...but have you tried wrapping that clause in a dtml-if?
>
> SELECT item FROM itmes
> <dtml-sqlgroup where>
> <dtml-if "iditem>0">
>   <dtml-sqltest iditem column=iditem op=eq type=int>
> </dtml-if>
> </dtml-sqlgroup>

Well, this sound very reasonable and I think it would work but I did not tell you
the full truth of my problem to reduce it to a minimum.  The more advanced problem
is

<dtml-sqlgroup where>
   <dtml-sqltest otheritem op=ilike type=nb optional>
<dtml-if "iditem>0">
<dtml-and>
   <dtml-sqltest iditem column=iditem op=eq type=int optional>
</dtml-if>
</dtml-sqlgroup>

If I want to change my ZSQL method like you suggested I get

      Unexpected tag, for tag <dtml-and>, on line 40 of <string>

in ZMI.  I guess I have a syntactical error here but I don't know which.
My first guess is that <dtml-and> tag is closed by </dtml-if> - but how
should I do this right?

Kind regards

        Andreas.