[Zope-DB] No module named ZDBase

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Sep 18 15:07:38 EDT 2003

D. Rick Anderson wrote at 2003-9-17 14:34 -0700:
 > I've found this issue mentioned a few times, but I've yet to see
 > somebody provide a fix.
 > I have :
 > RedHat 8.0
 > Zope 2.6.2 (was 2.6.0)
 >
 > this is one of 3 servers configured this way, but the only one that does
 > this.
 >
 > When I click on the 'Advanced' tab in a Z SQL Method I get the error:
 >
 > ImportError
 > No module named ZDBase

Note: whenever you get exceptions you want to look at the traceback
(--> "/error_log"). Report it together with the information you
have already provided ("Error Type" and "Error Value"), when you
need help.

The problem is almost surely well known:

  One of your ZClasses references a class defined in a module "ZDBase".
  It once has been installed but is no longer.

Your options:

  *  Install it again

  *  Add a "try: ... except: LOG(...)" around a line
     specified in the traceback.

     Post the traceback and I can tell you around which line...

Dieter