Saga continues ([Zope-DB] DCOracle2: close connection doesn't)

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Sep 28 16:22:45 EDT 2003

Bo M. Maryniuck wrote at 2003-9-27 13:21 +0200:
 > Yes, no _v_db_connection, because it was whacked at all. Also I've tried set
 > it to None, but was the same effect. What effect? That Oracle session is
 > still present!.. I just found: if you flush Zope cache, then it will dispose
 > sessions (but a bit strange: sometimes session still present, but a bit
 > less). Therefore this DA object just can not be cacheable. Second: is this a
 > bug with volatile attributes?

It is more likely a "bug" in your understanding:

  Each ZODB connection has its own copy of a ZODB object
  and therefore its own volatile attributes.

  When you delete a volatile attribute in one connection,
  then this copy no longer has it. But that does not say
  anything about the copies in the other connections.

Dieter