[Zope-DB] Dynamically generate sql-query in ZSQL Method

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Wed Apr 7 15:18:39 EDT 2004

Jim Abramson wrote:
> It is difficult to do complex things with a transactional rdbms in
> Zope. Along with Ian's long list of salient points, I'd add (right up
> at the top) the complete absence of control over transactions - a
> total nightmare if you have some event that you need to trigger a
> number of write operations that aren't encapsulated in a single
> statement / procedure call.

Can you explain more of what you're thinking?  I'm having what I believe
are some transaction-related problems with an application, and I'm to
both avoid something stupid, and figure out how I really should be doing
this.

In the few times when I've wanted to commit a transaction midway through
a request, I've use a SQL method like:

COMMIT;
BEGIN;

Which has seemed to work.  Is this the kind of thing you are thinking
of?  Or is what I am doing a bad idea?

   Ian