[Zope-DB] Creating Forms

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk at forbis.lt
Thu Apr 29 04:19:10 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 27 April 2004 22:07, Laura McCord wrote:
> I am a newbie at creating forms, I only know the basics. What I need to
> do is the following:
>
> I have a list of users:
>
> 1 jane jane at blah.com  texas
> 2 jim  jim at blah.com   california
> 3 jill jill at blah.com  florida
>
> I want the user's name (Example, Jill) to be linkable to an edit form
> but I want the edit form to be pre-populated with the user's
> information. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? I am using
> the 'Z Search Interface' to display all of the users.

Laura, if we talking about forms, then I think first of all you want
look at the Formulator product: http://zope.org/Members/infrae/Formulator
Second, just *call* the Formulator's form from anywhere to be rendered and
validated automatically.
Third, bind an action (Python Script or so) and store your data somewhere.
This is you will no more waste a time to create and validate forms.
Formulator will do it for you.

--
Regards, Bogdan T. M. Maryniuck

System programmer, Forbis UAB