[Zope-DB] Having trouble passing arguments through a submit button

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Apr 30 13:48:56 EDT 2004

Laura McCord wrote at 2004-4-29 19:02 -0500:
> I am not sure if this is possible but  if I have a form like the form at the bottom of the page that displays user information I want to pass the user id to a edit form that will update the user information. So if I hit the Edit button I want it to take me to an edit form while passing the userid variable. How would I write this action? This is what I have in on my submit button for the "edit" button:

I really think, you should have a lot of background reading and/or
maybe some courses.

In this special case, a good book about HTML could tell you
about so called hidden variables ("<input type=hidden ...>")
and how to use them to solve your problem.

Reading such a book would help you to solve many many problems
you will surely face in the near future...

--
Dieter