[Zope-DB] Interested in continued Oracle support in Zope? Raise your hand!

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Thu Aug 26 03:48:16 EDT 2004

On 2004-08-26 at 09:39:08 [+0200], Bogdan M. Maryniuck
<b.maryniuk at forbis.lt> wrote:
> > Also, I seem to be one of those that really stretch the limits on
> > DCOracle2 - we use it super-extensivly for thousends of users, and seem
> > to encounter all kinds of problems with it, ranging from lockups to
> > connectivity loss.
>
> BTW, what about mxODBC? I never tried it. At least I guess it might
> work with Oracle, yes?

We'd be very interested to know what people's experience with mxODBC and
Oracle are and, of course, interested in improving things where possible.
Our understanding is that the standard Un*x Oracle ODBC isn't up to much so
third party drivers are required. When connecting to Oracle on Windows it's
possible for the drivers to work like native ones.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
eGenix.com