[Zope-DB] Mysql Win32 Help

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Dec 22 04:25:24 EST 2004

Todd,

Alternatively, you could install the MySQL ODBC driver and
try our mxODBC Zope DA - you'll never have to worry about linking,
downgrades/upgrades etc. etc. to get a working connection :-)

Particularly on Windows, setting up connections this way is
much easier and more straightforward than trying to do direct
linking against the database drivers. Plus it gives you the
option of changing your setup later on without hazzle.

mxODBC Zope DA is available on Windows, Linux, FreeBSD
and Solaris, so you can even port your complete web application
between these platforms without much change (if you use the same
data source names on all platforms: without any change !).

Regards,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Dec 22 2004)
2004-12-06: Released eGenix mx Extensions for Python 2.4