[Zope-DB] working with zope rdbms transaction mgmt

Jim Abramson jabramson at wgen.net
Thu Jul 1 17:19:35 EDT 2004

Hello all,

As has been mentioned many times on that list, calling explicit 'commit' on the db connection you are using during a Zope request is a no-no...

My question is, if i grab a reference to the cursor from some db connection inside a python script, and do a bunch of statements directly on this cursor, and something goes wrong on the nth statement (i.e. uncaught Exception), should I expect all of the statements performed using that cursor up to that point will be automatically rolled back?

If yes, next question is, if I trap an exception that's raised during the nth statement, and proceed (using the same cursor) to the (n+1)th statement, and the REQUEST wraps up cleanly, should I expect all of the successful statements will be automatically committed?

Thanks for any advice,
Jim