[Zope-DB] working with zope rdbms transaction mgmt

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Jul 9 15:11:01 EDT 2004

Jim Abramson wrote at 2004-7-8 18:11 -0400:
>What I was hoping for is a way to insure that the results of write op #1, write op #2 are committed before doing write op #3, all in the space of a request.

I do not understand why you want this (why must "write op #3"
be done in a separte transaction?).
But, when you *really* want it, make a redirect between "op #2" and "op #3".

On my Zope page, you will find an External Method "emulatedRedirect"
which may be helpful should do want to avoid a real redirect.
Be warned however, that its use may cause "op #1" and "op #2" to
be executed twice (in case of request retrial after "ConflictError").

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope>

--
Dieter