[Zope-DB] Optional "Order By" clause

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Thu Jul 15 11:06:16 EDT 2004

Hi Jim,

Jim Penny wrote:
> <dtml-if OrderBy>
>   <dtml-var OrderBy sql_quote>
> </dtml-if>

Let me see if I have a clue about this: -

- <dtml-if> makes it conditional on the variable being supplied?
- OrderBy is my SQL fragment, e.g. "ORDER BY CandidateRef ASC"?
- sql_quote is a DTML construct?

I've not come accross sql-quote - can you point me to any docs?

> Note:  I am not sure that this is 100% sql-injection safe.  However,
> sql_quote should give you quite a bit of protection.

This will be run at low privileges, so that is not a huge concern...this
time (meaning once I figure out how to fly it, I have other uses for it!)

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk / Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"The lyf so short, the craft so long to learne" - Chaucer