[Zope-DB] how to use Zope with Postgre SQL in Windows

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Tue Jul 27 05:14:32 EDT 2004

On 2004-07-27 at 10:38:02 [+0200], vaibhav uprety
<uprety_vaibhav at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> I want to use Zope with Postgre SQL in windows.
> Please tell me how to perform this task.

Until PostgreSQL 7.5 is released you will still need to use PostgreSQL for
cygwin and, therefore, cygwin. http://www.cygwin.com

There is a readme on Zope.org which is very good now but slightly out of
date as the ipcdaemon has been replaced with the cygserver making things
slightly easier.

There are several Python drivers and consequently Zope DA's out there but
the most common is Zpsycopg from http://inetd.org. ODBC works fine too, of
course.

Good luck!

Charlie