[Zope-DB] Re: mysql concurrency

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Wed Jun 16 10:04:45 EDT 2004

On 2004-06-16 at 13:34:13 [+0200], Michal Kurowski <mkur at poczta.gazeta.pl>
wrote:
> Charlie Clark [charlie at egenix.com] wrote:
> > Would it be possible to use ODBC? In which case our mxODBCZopeDA should
> > solve your problem - it is very easy to control the number of connections.
> >

> No, I'm afraid it's not.

Then you might want to look at increasing the number of threads in Zope as
this should help. Other than that read the source although the current RDBMS
integration in Zope needs improving. As part of the post Europython Zope
sprint I did some work with Richard Waid on introducing support for
positional parameters in ZSQL. We got 30% performance gains on non-caching
queries. Currently this is only available through a hack in Zope core but we
intend to be releasing a version of mxODBCZopeDA with mxZSQLs to take
advantage of this. If you want I can explain what you need to hack in Zope
core.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark