[Zope-DB] DCOracle2 Release 1.2 with Python-2.1.3, lobLocator.read() returns everytime None

Johannes Heinz j.heinz at sz-sb.de
Wed Jun 23 09:47:19 EDT 2004

Hallo,

I have a  MY_SCHEMA.DOK in Oracle 9i with 2 columns:
MY_ID (VarChar2) and MY_CLOB (CLOB)

MY_CLOB contains the text "test-lobcontents"
(tested with stored procedure in Oracle)

I did run the following instructions in Python (Python-2.3.3 with
DCOracle2 source-build)

>>> db=DCOracle2.connect(<connect-string>)
>>> cursor=db.cursor()
>>> cursor.execute("select MY_CLOB from MY_SCHEMA.DOK where MY_ID='1'")
1
>>> result=cursor.fetchone()
>>> myLobLocator=result[0]
>>>
>>> print myLobLocator.length() #returns correctly "16"
16
>>> print myLobLocator.read() #this allthough returns everytime NONE
None

Is this a bug or do I have to change the instructions to work around
this problem?

I hope, that someone has an idea!

Johannes Heinz