[Zope-DB] Re: Example for RDB persistency in zope products?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Jun 27 15:37:24 EDT 2004

Nick Bower wrote at 2004-6-26 12:07 +0200:
>Thanks, but part of the reason I was wanting to avoid ZSQL is because
>(for whatever reason) I've been unable to get any decent performance
>using TTW+ZSQL components in a ZEO environment.  ZPT benchmarks fine,
>but add some ZSQL and you're hosed!

That is surprising:

  The Z SQL Method layer is quite thin.

  I doubt that you will gain much performance when you directly access the
  database connection.

I suggest you make an execution profile to analyse what is the
main bottleneck. My "ZopeProfiler" may help:

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope>

--
Dieter