[Zope-DB] Re: [Zope3-dev] Re: Relational Databases in Zope 2 and Zope 3

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Jun 29 10:58:28 EDT 2004

Chris Withers wrote:

> Stephan Richter wrote:
>
>>> Okay, what about APE?
>>

>> APE has not been ported yet, so it is not an option.
>
> Why does it need to be "ported"? It's a python library as well as a Zope
> prduct, and Zope 3 is using ZODB 3 now, right?

Maybe you're right, but it surely hasn't been tested yet.

>> Yes, for this reason we have SQL Scripts. They can be used the same
>> way as before and behave the same way as before.
>
> What's the DA structure to back up these scripts?
> The big win in Zope 2 was that everyone wrote ZSQL Methods and just
> picked the right DA...

Well, it picked a named DA. Nothing has changed here. You drop in a DA
into a site management folder, give it a name. When editing an
SQLScript, you choose the DA from a list of available DAs.

>> by Sidnei. SQLScripts themselves are not stress-tested yet, but their
>> innerworkings are just a port of the Zope 2 code.
>
> That's nto a good thing ;-)

Take a look at the code; the DTML is pretty much the same, but the rest
is all pretty nice.

Philipp