[Zope-DB] ZEO Replicated Storage

Rob Page rob.page at zope.com
Tue Jun 29 11:20:34 EDT 2004

On Jun 29, 2004, at 10:01 AM, Andreas Jung wrote:
> --On Dienstag, 29. Juni 2004 17:37 Uhr +0400 Eugene
> <el-spam at yandex.ru> wrote:
>
>> AJ> ZRS is a commercial solution by Zope Corp. (see zope.com).
>> Thank you for the info.
>> Do you know is there any similar OpenSource products?

>> AJ> rsync copy_of_data.fs remotehost:
>> It's very useful for offline backup.
>
> You can create a copy of the Data.fs *online* and sync the copy.
>
> -aj
>
>> I want to maintain online one.
>> So if some storages crashe, another could do their job, and I will
>> repair crashed at that time. So server can work with zero downtime.

Andreas' idea will work but it doesn't create a 'zero downtime'
environment as the copy and the rsync take some amount of time during
which other transactions can be applied to the ZODB.

Zope Replication Services (ZRS) minimizes cluster downtime while
maximizing the transactional integrity of the ZODB.  Downtime is
limited to the time necessary to detect failure and transition to the
secondary ZRS storage server.  Transactions are saved on the primary
storage server *and* sent into the ZRS cloud for storage on some number
of secondary servers.

I would be delighted to provide additional info off-list if you're
interested.

Regards,
Rob

--