[Zope-DB] Taking advantage of MySQLs inbuilt chache

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Wed Mar 3 04:39:44 EST 2004

Dear Brett,

Zope-DA's essentially do little more than pass SQL directly but carefully to
an (R)DBMS so you will can only do what's possible in SQL. This is
intentional as it abstracts as much as possible making your Zope application
more independent from database and Zope caches requests automatically for
you. You can change this behavious by modifying the sources of the DA and
driver if you wish but I'm not sure if this is really advisable. Do you have
reasons for wanting to use the MySQL cache over the Zope cache?

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark
eGenix.com