[Zope-DB] Simple database suggestions

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun May 2 13:44:18 EDT 2004

DAA wrote at 2004-5-2 08:25 -0500:
>So far:
>I have looked at ZClasses (which would work but are not recommended).

If they work, use them.

>I have not looked at Archtypes yet, mainly because it seems to
>complicated for my brain at the moment.

Archetypes is not difficult but tied to CMF (with some
dependencies on Plone). Unless you want to use Plone
or are an expert (to sort out the Plone dependancies),
do not use Archetypes.

>The question is, are there any Products or techniques I am not
>understanding out there that may be useful in this situation? If a
>relational database is the answer, so be it.

You may read the Zope Developer Guide and learn how to define
products. Your task could be handled with a class that
derives from "Folder" (to manage the images) and a set
of properties (for the non-image data).

--
Dieter