[Zope-DB] Re: Simple database suggestions

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Mon May 3 08:40:15 EDT 2004

On 2004-05-02 at 15:40:08 [+0200], Michal Kurowski wrote:
> DAA [achterberg at stic.net] wrote:
> > OK, I have spent a day trying to figure this out and I have totally
> > confused myself.
>
> RDBs is overkill in this case, IMHO.

This is plain rubbish: relational modelling is a technique for solving
problems. It cannot be a question of overkill but of suitability. If the
application is suited to a relational model then by all means use it. For
lightweight work use a lightweight engine like Gadfly or SQLlite.
Alternatively, and this is one of the great strengths of Zope, use the ZODB
if an object model makes more sense for the specific problems.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
eGenix.com