FW: [Zope-DB] Re: How do you do update with multiple tables

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Mon May 3 11:04:06 EDT 2004

Laura,

any chance of you making a tutorial for yourself and others out of this?

Your SQL is going to be something like this:

SELECT pcid FROM pctable
WHERE pcid not in (SELECT pcid FROM users)

let's call this qFreePC

If we call this in Zope in a PageTemplate we get what's called a results
instance - basically a list of all the results.

So try this

<SELECT>
<option tal:repeat="pc here/qFreePC"
tal:attributes="value pc/pcid"
tal:content="pc/pcid">PCID will be shown here but you might want some other
data</option>
</SELECT>

Please print out the chapters on ZPTs in the Zope Book and read them.

Good luck!

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark