[Zope-DB] Simple Question - How Do I Get A Z SQL Query Available To General Public

Pinball Jim pinballjim2000 at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 15:10:07 EDT 2004

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the list and hope this message isn't too irritating.  I've spent hours pouring over books and websites and can't find any information on this.  I'm sure it's right there and I'm not seeing it, though!

Here's the situation.  I've got a MySQL database that consists of 1 table, 15 fields, and about 3,000 records.

This database has to be put online and be accessible through the world wide web to anonymous users.  The information is public record and we cannot be dealing with setting up user accounts.  Was doing great with PHP until the IT department decided we could no longer use it.

I've got my Zope server connected to the database, and I have written a very simple Z SQL query that is more or less the nuts and bolts of the situation:

select * from WebDatabase
<dtml-sqlgroup where>
   <dtml-sqltest Name type="string" op="like">
   <dtml-and>
   <dtml-sqltest Title type="string" op="like">
</dtml-sqlgroup>

Works fine from management view, but I need anonymous people to be able to use this.

So, here's where I throw myself at your mercy.  I need my index_html file to come up and have this query so that anyone can use it.  I can work on making it pretty later.

Any help is very much appreciated!

-Jim