[Zope-DB] Access ZPT variable from ZSQL
phil at xfr.co.uk
Wed Nov 3 10:22:33 EST 2004
Thanks for coming back to me...
>>I have a nested recordset.
>>In the "inner" element, I'm trying to filter on a variable defined in
>>the outer ZPT. If I ask ZPT to parrot the variable back at me, it has
>>it. If I try to filter on it, it tells me it is not defined.
>>Where am I going wrong?
>>Normally, I would stuff it in the request, but this value changes over a
> not clear what you mean here. Can you give some code?
Sorry - was a rushed question, as I was on my way out of the door.
- I have three tables in my dB, which represent a hierarchy. For ease,
let's call them G(randfather), F(ather) and S(on).
- Within each row of the "G" recordset, I list the related "F" records,
within each row of each "F" recordset I list the "S" records.
- I use a common template for each level, and pass parameters to it from
- In this case, the "G" recordset is filtered by a request variable -
easy. Let's say our Grandfathers are Tom, Dick and Harry - so in the
"Tom" row, I want to nest a list of Tom's children from the "F" recordset.
- In the ZPT, I can print out the variable ("Tom"), no problem.
- In the ZSQL, I'm trying to figure out how to access this variable.
In fact, I've got around this by calling the ZSQL method from the ZPT
with explicit parameters: -
However, this is putting some non-presentation logic in my ZPT which
doesn't feel right - so I'd like to be able to access it directly from
the ZSQL if I could...
Email: phil at xfr.co.uk / Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518
"Work as if you lived in the early days of a better nation." - Alasdair Gray
More information about the Zope-DB