[Zope-DB] MySQLDA: server_capabilities

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Oct 22 10:40:01 EDT 2004

brianc at temple.edu wrote:

> Ran into this error while trying to install ZMySQLDA.
>
> Error Type: AttributeError
> Error Value: server_capabilities

...try running into google, it'll save you lots of wheel re-discovery ;-)

> MySQLdb.connect(user='XXX',passwd='XXX',db='XXX').server_capabilities
> 41516

> _mysql.connect(user='XXX',passwd='XXX',db='XXX').server_capabilities
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> AttributeError: server_capabilities

Yeah, if you find my mail thread, you'll find the background for this...

> Theoretically I can hack my Zope problem to make it use the
> MySQLdb connection instead of _mysql but would prefer not
> to.

Again, in the thread, you'll find pointers to the right version of
mysqldb/ZMySQLDA to use, or alternatively the patch I made to fix this...

> PS: I forget how to enable traceback on the Zope error
> pages, anyone have a quick link? Thanks.

Don't bother, just look in the error_log object in the ZODB root, and
probably tick the "copy messages to the event log" box...

Chris