[Zope-DB] ZODB/ZEO question.

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 02:34:59 EST 2005

Willadsens wrote:
> The original problem, which is still happening, is the conflict error
> when a second client connects to the same database. The references I
> found on the net imply that one has to handle this condition themselves,
> by either trapping the exception and retrying, or using a semaphore. Are
> you saying this is not true, and the ZODB/ZEO handles this condition
> internally?

Ah, so you're using ZODB in a non-Zope context? If so, then you should
probably be using zodb-dev at zope.org and not this list. This list is
actually for relational database related stuff that has to do with zope.

In any case, I've never heard of using a sempahore in this instance, and
that would effectively make your application single threaded.
I'd suggest building a mechanism that retries the ConflictError'ing code.

Can you give us more detail about what it is you're doing that's causing
the ConflictErrors to be raised?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk