[Zope-DB] select: 'forgot Session' OR 'cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects'

Siegfried Achtermann siegacht at gmx.de
Fri Dec 16 15:33:58 EST 2005

Hi together,

At first: Sorry for my funny english (I truancy all too often).

This python-script don't work fine and I've no idea, why?

I just want to add a simple session with this:

request  = container.REQUEST
session  = request.SESSION
form     = request.form
errors = []
#  ac_name  exists, because login was just before
auth_name = form.get('__ac_name')

# the data base connect works, definetly
for i in context.select_rights_from_partner(auth = auth):
   x_rights = i['rights']
   session.set('sess_rights', x_rights)
else:
   errors.append('Your auth_name is not in database.')

if errors:
   return context.no_x_rights(errors=errors)
else:
   return context.okay()

# END
My Problem seems to be here:
for i in context.select_rights_from_partner(auth = auth):
=> than comes:
Error Value: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects'

But, when I try this (in the same line:)
for i in context.select_rights_from_partner(auth = str(auth)):
=> No Session will set.

I have no idea at all.

Thx for help.

Greeting from Germany.