[Zope-DB] Stuck Installing Zope-MySQL Adapters

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Feb 4 05:15:41 EST 2005

Ken Winter wrote:
> 1.  I don't know where my "Zope home" is.  On my Win file system, there is
> the C:\Program Files\Zope2.7.3-0 folder, where I guess the Zope executables
> reside, and C:\Zope-Instance.  I'm guessing the latter or one of its
> subfolders is the Zope Home, but I don't know, so I don't know where to
> unzip the tarball to.

You should unpack things such that you haev a ZMySQLDA folder in
C:\Zope-Instance\Products

> 2. I don't know where to unpack MySQLdb-0.9.0 so that "Zope can find it".

You probably need the Windows installer. Andy hasn't made one (and I
haven't had time to help him make one :-S) of these for the latest
releases, so you may get an error once you've got further, which I
posted a patch for ages ago (the error was to do with
server_capabilities, google is your friend)

It gets more tricky, 'cos you'll need to install "normal" python from
python.org, 'cos the windows installer won't find the python that comes
with Zope :-(

Anyway, once it's installed in the "normal" python, create empty folders
such that you can go to:

C:\Zope-Instance\lib\python

Now, copy everything (folders and files) that have 'mysql' in its name
from (likely) C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\  to
C:\Zope-Instance\lib\python.

Restart Zope.

Go to the ZMI and you should be able to add a ZMySQLDA connection.

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk