[Zope-DB] Upload and download blobs to Mysql

Aaron Fosdick aaron at hypervision.com
Wed Jan 12 16:14:53 EST 2005

Blobs, and specifically pictures can be a challenge in zope. For
performance reasons, you should probably use extfile/extimage instead.

There is a  good example at:
http://www.zope.org/Members/murphy/MySQL-BLOBs. However, his solution is
missing an important bit of information. Zope's security limits pulling
the data back out, so you'll need an external method to display the
images.  Read the thread in the zope-db archives (7/7/04) to see how
that is solved.

Regards,

--Aaron