[Zope-DB] Migration

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Fri Jul 15 04:16:44 EDT 2005

On 2005-07-14 at 21:09:36 [+0200], Glauber Costa <glaubercosta at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Well charlie,
>
> I'm a beginner with plone.
> My customer want to change their content management system and I think that
> plone is the better option to do it.
> The only problem is how to put all data that they already have in another
> relational database into plone.
> They don't want to change anything on the site interface or loose any
> content.
> Where can I get some help to make a connection between Zope and MySQL,
> making plone use the same database structure?

Glauber,

if you keep this discussion on the list then more people can help you.

To connection your database with Zope you need a Zope database adapter and a
Python driver. For MySQL you can use either the ZopeMySQLDA or our
mxODBCZopeDA. The Zope book contains lots of examples on how to integrate
your database in Zope. Feel free to ask questions on the list *once* you
have read the sections on relational databases and Zope.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
eGenix.com