[Zope-DB] Parametric queries

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Fri Jul 29 23:53:37 EDT 2005

--On 29. Juli 2005 22:22:38 +0200 Marcin Wudarczyk <mar at mar.prv.pl> wrote:

> Andreas Jung wrote:
>>> For the record: the overhead is about 40% on non-cached queries.r
>>
>> That's why were are using CCSQL methods :-)
>
> Not really - CCSQL caches results of the same query. Caching queries in
> compiled form in DB server allows to speed up execution of all further
> queries (i.e. for any parameters) based on that query.

It does not matter. My point is: most of my database-driven applications
are "fast" enough (fast enough means that nobody complains about speed). In
the case where I had slow response times than this was caused either by
non-DB code or by unoptimized SQL queries, missing indexes etc...nothing
where prepared SQL statement would have solved my life.

-aj